NAFP Members Town Hall
As the Nebraska legislative session approaches, we are aware of several pressing issues that will be brought forward to the legislature that are important to you and your practice. The NAFP board feels it is important to hear from our members directly. We are working on new modes to facilitate these discussions and gather your perspectives. One way we would like to pilot is an online Town Hall Forum. This is a platform that national and other state chapters have utilized and had success with. Therefore, we feel confident in moving forward with this.
The first topic we would like to discuss is: Do you believe the NAFP should have a position statement on reproductive health services and access?
In order to make sure we maximize your time and hear from as many members as possible we will format the meeting as follows:
- This is a closed meeting for members only. The main objective of the meeting is to hear from our membership.
- The meeting will be hosted on a Zoom platform. Please make sure you are in a location with a strong internet connection.
- All meeting participants will need to register prior to the meeting. Please do not share your link with other members. We will need to send out emails to each participant.
- The Zoom link will be sent out one day prior to the event.
- There will be two moderators for the event that will help facilitate and keep the discussion on track.
- All members will be muted upon entry. As they wish to speak, we will ask them to put their names in the chat. Members will speak in the order they appear in the chat.
Our communication goals are to:
- Listen respectfully.
- Listen actively and with an ear to understanding others' views.
- Critique ideas, not individuals.
- Commit to learning, not debating.
- Comment in order to share information, not to persuade.
- Avoid blame, speculation, and inflammatory language.
- Allow everyone the chance to speak.
- Avoid assumptions about any member or generalizations about social groups.
We would like to ask you to commit to the same communication goals. This is an opportunity to hear from one another and learn. We want it to be done in a safe space with open and honest discussion. Words matter and so we would ask you to be mindful of that in your comments during this session.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Please contact us with any questions.