The Adopt-A-Student program is all about creating value for our members, one of the Nebraska Academy of Family Physicians (NAFP) and Nebraska Academy of Family Physicians Foundation's top priorities. The Adopt-A-Student program directly funds:
- UNMC and Creighton medical schools' Family Medicine Interest Groups (FMIG)
- National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students
- Fay Smith, Michael Haller, and Medical Mission scholarships
- Student and Resident research activities through the annual poster presentations and UNMC Rural Poster Contest
- Meals and stipends to attend our annual and fall meetings
- Summer Externship scholarship and opportunity
Though, most importantly this program fosters exposure and general interest in Family Medicine to all Nebraska Family Medicine residency programs and medical schools. The opportunities created by this program for the residents and medical students to network with NAFP members are invaluable. The success of this program helps continue the efforts of generating interest in Family Medicine as we face the workforce crisis of training an adequate number of family physicians to serve across Nebraska.
Click here to DONATE NOW. Thank you for your support of our Family Medicine residents and medical students. Your donation is sure to make a positive impact on the future Nebraska Family Medicine physicians and leaders.